As we approach our Emerald Gala Dinner on 30 March our long-term supporter and major live auction prize provider, Aurora Expeditions, has confirmed details of this year’s exceptional prize. There will be the opportunity for two people to join an awe-inspiring voyage to Antarctica aboard Aurora’s brand new, purpose-built expedition vessel, the Sylvia Earle which is launching later this year.
The newest ship in the Aurora fleet pays tribute to an incredible hero of our planet, Dr Sylvia Earle – more than just a namesake, the Sylvia Earle is an ambassador for the ongoing protection of the planet. The winning bidder will experience the spectacular Antarctic Explorer voyage, 18–28 January 2023, exploring the unimaginable beauty of the Antarctic Peninsula, a magnificent, ice-covered land teeming with life.
Guests will have the chance to see glaciers calving, witness the bustling activity of a penguin city, spot leopard seals on ice floes, zodiac cruise in search of feeding and breaching whales, learn from our highly experienced and passionate Expedition Team, contribute to Citizen Science research projects, and take part in a variety of activities that will bring out their inner adventurer.
Aurora Expeditions is offering accommodation for two persons (one cabin) in a Balcony Stateroom C, which features a private balcony, floor to ceiling windows to take in the beautiful landscapes, and ensuite.
- All airport transfers
- One night’s hotel accommodation with breakfast in Ushuaia on day 1
- Half day city tour in Ushuaia on day 2 prior to embarkation
- Luggage transfer from hotel to ship on day 2
- Flight from King George Island to Punta Arenas on day 10
- One night’s hotel accommodation with breakfast in Punta Arenas on day 10
- On-board accommodation including daily cabin service
- All meals and snacks, tea and coffee during voyage, beer, house wine and soft drinks with dinner
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell reception including four-course dinner, house cocktails, house beer and wine, non-alcoholic beverages
- All shore excursions and Zodiac cruises
- A 3-in-1 waterproof polar expedition jacket
- Educational lecture and guiding services from expedition team
- Complimentary access to onboard expedition doctor and medical clinic (initial consult)
- Complementary use of muck boots
- Port surcharges, permits and landing fees
- Gratuities for ship crew.
This fantastic prize is valued at $46,000 AUD. For further information, please contact Janine Bavin on 0417 291 583; email@example.com